Friday, April 14, 2006

Summer Festival Update

I'll probably be making it down to one (maybe two) of the three festivals in Chicago this summer. The one being the Pitchfork Music Festival (and Intonation as the maybe). I think Pitchfork's lineup is undoubtedly stronger overall, but Intonation has Jon Brion, who I really, really want to see. I've seen Bloc Party, so I might just go for Brion on that day. And if the Streets don't make it up to Minneapolis, I'd like to go down there to see him. I think I'll be in Chicago that weekend anyway. Intonation also has the Boredoms, Bob Pollard, the Stills, Kano, and Lady Sovereign.

Pitchfork
July 29:
Silver Jews
The Futureheads
Ted Leo / Pharmacists
Art Brut
Destroyer
The Mountain Goats
Band of Horses
Man Man
Hot Machines
and more...

July 30:
Os Mutantes
Spoon
Yo La Tengo
Devendra Banhart
Mission of Burma
Aesop Rock
The National
Jens Lekman
Tapes 'n Tapes
Chin Up Chin Up
Diplo
and more...

Lollapalooza is the weekend after Pitchfork Fest, and has some great acts, but I just can't make it down to Chicago two weekends in a row. Plus, it's like $100 more than either Pitchfork or Intonation. But they've got Kanye West, Wilco, the Flaming Lips, Ween, the Shins, Common, Ryan Adams, Sonic Youth, Sleater-Kinney, Broken Social Scene, Built to Spill, the Hold Steady, the Go! Team, Of Montreal, Hot Chip, and a shit ton more. But I've seen most of these bands. Also, last year when I went to Lollapalooza, I was backstage eating free Spago-catered sandwiches and watching from the VIP area next to Perry Ferrell most of the time. That won't happen again this year.

Coachella and Bonnaroo are coming up, which I talked about a few months ago. Both have pretty good lineups, but are too far away/expensive.

Although, I kind of just want to be like, "Fuck it, I'm going to Coachella." Stranger things have happened...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home