Monday, May 29, 2006

2006, so far.

2006 has given birth to quite a few wonderful albums, and we're not even halfway to 2007. I can't believe this is only half a year's worth of music.

The following lists are in alphabetical order. I'll save a numerical ranking for December.

10 albums whose babies I would father:
Band of Horses - Everything All the Time
Cadence Weapon - Breaking Kayfabe
Danielson - Ships
Destroyer - Destroyer's Rubies
The Fiery Furnaces - Bitter Tea
Ghostface Killah - Fishscale
Islands - Return to the Sea
Liars - Drum's Not Dead
Sunset Rubdown - Shut Up I Am Dreaming
TV on the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain

10 albums I would hold hands with:
Beirut - Gulag Orkestar
Cat Power - The Greatest
Figurines - Skeleton
Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere
The Knife - Silent Shout
Lansing-Dreiden - The Dividing Island
The Pipettes - We Are the Pipettes
Scott Walker - The Drift
The Streets - The Hardest Way to Make an Easy Living
Vetiver - To Find Me Gone

22 albums I'd hook up with while drunk (because I'm an album slut):
Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
Belle & Sebastian - The Life Pursuit
Booka Shade - Movements
Boris - Pink
Built to Spill - You in Reverse
Casiotone for the Painfully Alone - Etiquette
Elf Power - Back to the Web
El Perro Del Mar - El Perro Del Mar
The Flaming Lips - At War With the Mystics
The Futureheads - News and Tributes
Herbert - Scale
King Biscuit Time - Black Gold
Man Man - Six Demon Bag
Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
Neil Young - Living With War
Paul Simon - Surprise
Phoenix - It's Never Been Like That
Six Organs of Admittance - The Sun Awakens
The Strokes - First Impressions of Earth
Sufjan Stevens - The Avalanche
T.I. - King
The Walkmen - A Hundred Miles Off

As for singles, it's a toss up between Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy" and T.I.'s "What You Know", both of which are huge yet painfully simple. Nothing else comes close. Yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home