Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Ricky Gervais Show (Podcast)

I never knew much about podcasts until recently. I mean, I knew what they were, but never understood why I would have use for them or even want to listen to them. Basically, they are just radio shows that you can download for free (and some very easily through iTunes). I never actually listen to the real radio, but there are some radio shows that interest me. So this is a good way to hear them. I've also found they're great to listen to while you're at work, or even on your commute in the morning/evening. You can listen to them on your computer or on your iPod.

Ricky Gervais is one of the creators of The Office (the original UK version), as well as Extras, which just completed its first run on HBO. He also plays the main character in both series. Who doesn't love (or hate) David Brent?

At any rate, he's launched a podcast, available for free on the iTunes music store, along with Steven Merchant, who co-wrote the above shows with Gervais. There have been two so far in a series of twelve, and each installment is about 30 minutes. They pretend to talk about topical issues, but get sidetracked very easily, and often at the expense of the third guest, Karl Pilkington, who, well, let's just say he isn't the swiftest of mind.

Super hilarious, A++++

Download them here, free!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home