Friday, December 09, 2005

Why I Love Pete Doherty

I don't intend to make fun of Pete, he's got problems. But when you're a celebrity, you ought to watch yourself. Dating Kate Moss is obviously going to draw more attention. Frankly, if it weren't for Pete, I don't know what the NME would ever have to talk about. For the last few years, they've lived and died by him. After breaking up his first band, the Libertines, several times, he finally started a new group, Babyshambles. I like that album a lot, even though it seems fairly half-assed. And that's the tragedy with Pete Doherty. Wasted talent.

These days, it just seems like he shows up and does what he has to do. I question whether he even wants to be in music anymore. The video for Babyshambles' "Fuck Forever". He almost looks bored, like, "Yeah, I'll come by and sing this pretty good song, I guess.

Finally, dude's such a party animal that Kate Moss had to dump him. If you're too fun lovin' and crazy for Kate Moss...I mean, wow. Just wow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home