Friday, December 23, 2005

Found!



I'd been looking for this album on vinyl for a good year or so. It's hard to find anything good that's popular or desired by hipsters in Chicago because there are so many hipsters in Chicago. But I found out it at Deadwax on Lincoln a couple blocks from where I live. $4.99. I don't know why I don't go there more often. Reckless is fine for CDs, but it's rare I find something I'm looking for on vinyl there. Usually I'll see something that I didn't know I wanted, but they never have anything I'm going in there to find. When I visited Boulder last summer (twice!), I was able to find all sorts of stuff I'd been craving, which was great for my ears but bad for my wallet. What I need to do is to stop in record stores in random towns next time I drive across the country.

Anyway, I thought for $4.99 it might be in bad shape, but it sounds great. The faint hisses and crackles definitely add to this album. I might throw this one in a frame. Sorry, Randy Newman, but your time on my wall has come to a thrilling conclusion.

I also picked up this because it was $1.99:


I haven't listened to it yet, though. But I'll pour myself a glass of red wine one of these nights and DANCE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home