Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Cans

Today, we'd like to examine some of our favorite album covers-- with boobs on them.

First, there's this cover, for Jane's Addiction's Nothing's Shocking. Yep, those are boobs alright. Oh I get, clever play on the album title. Nothing's shocking except for boobs. Oh, Perry, you so crazy.


This is the cover for Blind Faith's self-titled and only album. Apparently this is a thirteen-year-old girl. But, you know, it's art, so I guess it's okay. Tell that to Jerry Lee Lewis.


I remember being twelve and seeing this at a record store. My first thought was, "Holy cow, boobies!" I put the record down because I was ashamed to be seen with it. Years later, I would begin to like Ween and gathered up the stones to purchase it in that same record store. Still don't know what the album cover has to do with the album title, Chocolate & Cheese.


Roxy Music's Country Life. This is the only one on the list that actually has some semblance of sex appeal. Hot underwear, too. The censored version of this cover is the same thing without the women. Just the trees.


Finally, we have the Slits' Cut. Yep, those are the three members of the Slits, covered in mud, wearing loincloths. This could be sexy too, if mud is your thing.

UPDATE:

Ben reminded me about the Pixies' Surfer Rosa, which I can't believe I forgot about. Shame on me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home