Saturday, February 11, 2006

Album Preview

Artist: The Flaming Lips
Album: At War With The Mystics


Finally, it's here. Well, it'll be here in April, but I have it now. I think this album was supposed to come out last summer, and it got pushed back a number of times, and now it's here. I would be shocked if this wasn't their most successful album. Not their best. But it seems like it might be the most accessible, especially in a world where indie isn't strange anymore. But even today, this sounds easier to digest than Yoshimi or The Soft Bulletin.

It'll take me awhile to formulate a final opinion on this one, but I like what I'm hearing so far. I've always enjoyed the Lips, ever snce Transmissions From The Satellite Heart. The music is always evolving and interesting, and the live shows are a blast. To me, Wayne Coyne is just an immensely likeable guy.

I hope this album sells really well, these guys have been around forever and are due for that kind of success. I suppose you can argue that they became pretty successful after Yoshimi, but I think they have a chance to become even bigger with this album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home